Protea Hotel Ranch Resort
Protea Hotel Ranch Resort one of Limpopo’s finest business and leisure hotels
A major new feature, and the first of its kind in Limpopo, is the Golf Course and Clubhouse. 20 two bedroom, 5 star self-catering chalets, surround a 12-hole par 3 executive golf course, and a top professional is on hand for beginners and extra lessons for the regular golfer.
The conservancy is home to 25 species of antelope, including sable and tucked away amongst the trees of the savannah, is the Kolobe tented camp that can accommodate up to 80 guests.
Game drives and lion tours are offered, and a major attraction is the Lion Kingdom where walking tours with the lions can be arranged.
As a conference and meeting venue, Protea Hotel Ranch Resort has few equals. There are 13 function rooms ranging from a venue that can seat 1200 delegates and 700 banquet guests, including a magnificent bush venue seating up to 500 banquet guests, with a wooden walkway that leads through the forest to an open wooden deck allowing you to view a pride of lions. The only venue of it’s kind in Africa.
Country weddings are not forgotten and a beautiful small chapel seating 200 people makes that special day quite unforgettable.
Next to the chapel is the rose-garden, a fitting tribute to the skills and the love of gardening of the Shearer family. But is not just the heady fragrance of roses that fills the air. Every building is surrounded by gardens where each season offers a brilliant new array of colours and scents.
This is the ideal getaway for stressed city-dwellers seeking to unwind, play some sport, go horse riding or mountain biking and even challenge the team-building course with its high ropes and other obstacles! Four swimming pools (two heated), a fitness centre and a children’s activity centre all contribute to a hotel operation that fully understands what each guest is seeking and strives to provide levels of service and traditional hospitality that far exceed the expectations of the guests.
Features of the Hotel are as follows:
- Basil’s Fine Dining A la carte Restaurant and The Buttery family Restaurant
- 5 Bars – Old Joe’s, Melsetter, Pool, Safari and Bushwillow
- The Bushwillow Entertainment Centre, tucked away on the 1000 ha conservancy, is an intimate venue for functions, gala dinners, product launches and weddings
- 13 function rooms. The largest offers cinema-style seating for 1200 and banqueting for 700
- The Merlin 2 Board Rooms and the state-of-the-art Excalibur Executive Board Room
- 4 swimming pools (2 heated)
- Helicopter pad and light aircraft landing strip, 1400m
- Fitness Centre including a steam room
- Tennis court
- Children’s Activity Centre – Games room, computer games, trampolines, jungle gym and animal farm
- Walks with lions through the Bushveld
- Horseback safari’s
- Game drives and lion tours
- Kolobe tented camp accommodating up to 80 guests
- Mountain biking, hiking, tree/bird/dung/spoor identification walks, home to 25 species of wild life including sable antelope, giraffe, eland, tsessebe, zebra and nyala
- Adventure course with nine obstacles, including high ropes. This is an ideal venue for team-building events
- 12 hole par 3 golf course
- Soccer pitch and training field for sports teams and clinic’s
If you would like to make a booking please contact reception on (015) 290 5000 alternatively email: email@example.com or visit http://www.proteahotels.com/protea-hotel-ranch-resort.html