Faces of Hope is privileged to have been part of an awesome opportunity. Ettiene Pretorius one of Faces of Hope’s ambassadors recently traveled to Necker Island for a four day conference with Richard Branson.
Ettiene’s vision and dream was to swim from Necker Island to Moskito Island, swimming for both Virgin Unite and Faces of Hope. The example of ambassadors like Ettiene is to show that as businessman you can not only be seen as a successful businessman but that you can do great things and give back have fun and make difference silmultaneously giving back.
As part of the most incredible experienc, we got to fly our most preferred choice of airline VIRGIN ATLANTIC which is honestly one of the best flying experiences ever and without a doubt the most amazing airline crew. We felt part of the Virgin Atlantic family! The on board comfortable seats, features, service of which some has been included below, make Virgin Atlantic a worthwhile airline choice. Here is a sneak preview…
Some of the great features one can experience on our preferred choice of airline are:
The Virgin Atlantic product
Virgin Atlantic operates a three class service: Upper Class (the airline’s business class,) Premium Economy and Economy. Virgin Atlantic launched the Upper Class Suite in November 2003 – a product which has won some of the most prestigious design awards in the industry and is onboard all aircraft in the airline’s fleet – and then launched a new Upper Class cabin on its A330 aircraft in April 2012.
THE UPPER CLASS SUITE:
• The Upper Class suite has been designed to be separately both the most comfortable bed and the most comfortable seat in the air.
• Instead of extending from a seat into a bed, Virgin Atlantic’s seat provides the passenger with a luxury leather armchair to relax on which then flips over into a separate bed with a mattress to sleep on.
• The Upper Class Suite has won some of the most prestigious design awards in the industry including the Wallpaper award for the Most Life Enhancing Item and the D&AD Yellow Pencil (Silver) award for Product Design.
• The longest bed of any airline’s business class product and many first class products.
• It provides passengers with customised luxury furniture for sitting on and a mattress for sleeping on so passengers do not have to compromise on the comfort of either.
• The 1-2-1 / 1-1-1 configuration means passengers have their own personal space with no ‘step over’ by other passengers.
• Passengers can recline in the seat even for take-off and landing!
THE BED FACTS:
• It is the biggest bed in business class at 79.5”
• At its widest point, the all – important shoulder area, the bed is 33”
• With one touch of a button the seat converts into a bed by flipping over.
• The mattress is totally flat for optimum sleeping comfort.
THE CABIN FACTS:
• The seats television screen is 10.4 inches wide.
• The Upper Class cabin features a private bar in an area discreet from the cabin.
• White cotton bedding, duvets and sleeper suits are provided.
• The Upper Class Suite provides the passenger with a luxury leather armchair to relax on which then flips over into a separate bed with a mattress to sleep on. The Upper Class Suite is available across Virgin Atlantic’s aircraft.
• The Upper Class menu offers a wide selection of light bites, main meals and snacks. A good night flight service is also offered to passengers on shorter flights departing after 9pm – so passengers can enjoy a gourmet meal in the Clubhouse before their flight so that once onboard they can maximise their sleep.
• Onboard bar – a private bar in an area separated from the cabin, which has a welcoming atmosphere.
• The Upper Class amenity kit – socks, toothbrush/toothpaste, earplugs, eye mask.
• Sleeper service – “Snoozezone” is available on all evening flights of eight hours or under, departing from an airport, which has a Clubhouse where passengers can enjoy an evening meal. After takeoff they are offered a drink, then the lights are dimmed in their cabin so they can enjoy the maximum amount of sleeping time in their Upper Class Suite.
• State-of-the-art inflight entertainment system. The majority of aircraft have the v:port system offers 300 hours of video on demand where passengers can watch or listen to what they want and can start, pause or rewind their chosen movie, TV show or CD. Alternatively, there is a choice of between 14 – 20 video channels plus 9 – 14 audio channels and 10 – 15 games on selected aircraft.
• Dedicated check-in and priority boarding.
• Complimentary drinks including pre-take off champagne and ice creams during the movies.
• Unique Clubhouse lounges at selected airports featuring a health and beauty salon offering beauty treatments and hairdressing. In addition the flagship Heathrow Clubhouse has a poolside lounge, Multiscreen, observation deck, sky lounge, library, music room, playground/video games room, study, bar, brasserie/deli.
• Arrival facilities – Virgin Revivals at Heathrow features a reception, eighteen shower rooms with a valet cleaning service, a bar and lounge area and a business area with free phone calls, access to email and Internet and faxing facilities.
• Complimentary airport transfers are available to and from most airports of arrival and departure; UK options include chauffeur driven Volvo or Virgin LimoBike in the UK and first class Gatwick Express travel.
• The Upper Class Wing at London Heathrow enables business passengers to speed through the terminal quicker than ever before, moving from limo to lounge in under 10 minutes. For the first time, passengers can benefit from a dedicated security channel, for use exclusively by Virgin Atlantic customers. After passing through this unique fast-track, they will emerge in the heart of the terminal building and only a short walk from the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. Upper Class passengers and Flying Club Gold members making their own way to the airport can check-in at the Upper Class Check-In, in Zone A of the main terminal, before taking a priority lift straight to the dedicated security channel. For those Upper Class customers not wishing to linger and enjoy the delights of the Clubhouse they can now check in 40 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time at the latest, and whizz through the dedicated security channel straight to the gate.
• In addition to the Upper Class wing, Drive-Thru Check In is available at London Gatwick, Lagos airport and Johannesburg airport.
• Membership of Virgin FlyingClub, Virgin Atlantic’s frequent flyer programme offering a wide range of awards and participating companies.
Thank you to Virgin Atlantic for the best flying experience ever and will always be Ettiene and Faces of Hope preferred choice of airline.